Terms & Conditions
This members only site (Site) and all associated pages is operated by Lincoln Indicators Pty Limited (Lincoln) ABN 23 006 715 573; Australian Financial Services Licence no. 237740.
These Terms and Conditions are addressed to you, whether you are reading these pages on your own behalf, or on behalf of another person (such as an employer). By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, in addition to the terms and conditions that govern the lincolnindicators.com.au website generally.
It is your responsibility to draw the contents of these Terms and Conditions to the attention of anyone who may gain access to the Site on your (or your employer's) behalf by using your email address and password, (or through your employers corporate account).
The information provided on the Site is general only. It does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any particular person nor does the information constitute investment advice. Under no circumstances should investments be based solely on the information provided on the Site. Please refer to our Financial Services Guide for details about the financial services we provide.
Some pages of lincolnindicators.com.au contain general information that is available on a subscription basis ('The Stock Doctor product') via this site. The Stock Doctor product is available through three levels of membership ('subscription') services (Stock Doctor Essentials, Stock Doctor Gold and Stock Doctor Platinum). The terms 'membership' and 'subscription' (and related terms) are used interchangeably.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Stock Doctor Essentials level of membership only. If you elect to subscribe to the Stock Doctor Gold or Stock Doctor Platinum levels of membership you will be required to accept these Terms and Conditions and the Lincoln database software licence agreement.
1. What you are allowed to do
- browse the Site and view the information on it for private, non-commercial use only;
- print off pages from the Site to the extent reasonably necessary for your use of the Site in accordance with the above.
provided that at all times you do not do any of the things set out in clause 2.
2. What you are not allowed to do
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, you may not:
- systematically copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk or in any other way) substantial parts of the Site;
- remove, change or obscure in any way anything on the Site or otherwise use any material contained on the Site except as set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, publish or broadcast any material available from the Site, nor may the Site and anything available from the Site be used in connection with creating, promoting, trading, or, marketing investment products without the express written consent of Lincoln or its information providers; or
- use the Site or any material available from the Site for unlawful purposes and you shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations at all times.
User identification and password
Access to the Site is granted by use of a valid password.
You agree to:
- treat your password as confidential;
- not disclose it to any third person;
- comply with these Terms and Conditions of use;
- not interfere with or disrupt other users of lincolnindicators.com.au or subscribers to the various products and services available via lincolnindicators.com.au, or any of Lincoln's services or equipment (including by way of viruses)
- not to manipulate any of the information or data available from the Site.
Lincoln reserves the right to amend the password and other security procedures for access to the Site at any time.
In the absence of notice from you that the confidentiality of your User Identification and Password has been compromised, Lincoln will be entitled to construe all activity on the Site using that Password as being for and on behalf of you and therefore you agree to and to take responsibility for all actions of persons using your password.
One year, two year or five year term subscriptions: if you select one of these terms your membership is for the period of the selected term, commencing on the date Lincoln receives payment of the subscription fee for the selected term and may be extended or terminated on the terms of this agreement. If you renew the membership for a further period (or periods) of one of these terms, each further membership period will commence from the end of the previous period or when Lincoln receives your renewal payment, whichever is the later.
Lincoln offers a 30-day money back guarantee from original date of purchase. This guarantee excludes subscription renewals. Should the agreement be terminated in this period, you must, if requested, certify in writing that you have destroyed any archival copies which you may have recorded on any memory system or any other medium, and state your reasons for discontinuing the service.
Upgrades from the Stock Doctor Essentials level of membership and/or Stock Doctor Gold are available. Downgrades from Stock Doctor Gold or Stock Doctor Platinum are not available during a current subscription term for one year, two year or five year term licences.
No corporate subscriptions or renewals are available at the Stock Doctor Essentials or Gold levels. Corporate subscriptions are only available at the Platinum level.
Corporate subscriptions and renewals can only be selected for terms of one year. Multi-year subscriptions are not available for corporate subscriptions.
These Terms and Conditions do not pass on any intellectual property or other ownership rights in the Stock Doctor product.
- 30-day trial subscription fee: in return for the 30-day trial subscription of Stock Doctor Platinum, you must pay Lincoln its current 30-day trial subscription fee. You cannot renew a 30-day trial subscription.
- Subscription fee: in return for a subscription of one year, two years or five years, you must pay Lincoln its current subscription fee for that term. If you wish to renew the membership for one of these terms at the end of the initial period (or any renewal), you must pay Lincoln its then current renewal subscription fee for one of these terms. The renewed subscription fee for one of these terms is to be paid within 30 days of receipt of a Lincoln invoice. Other means of payment may apply e.g. credit card, direct debit, etc. In these cases payment is due on receipt of the Lincoln invoice.
Members on a 14-day trial subscription will be able to access a single free trial of Stock Doctor Essentials and the services Lincoln makes available on the Site for this level of membership.
Members on a 30-day trial subscription will be able to access a single paid trial of Stock Doctor Platinum and the services Lincoln makes available on the Site for this level of membership.
It is an express condition of your Site membership that you will only access one free trial of any specific product or service. Any attempt by you as an individual or on your behalf to access more than one free trial of any specific product or service will be a breach of these Terms and Conditions and continued access to the whole or any part of the Site may be denied without notice.
Any materials downloaded through a free trial in breach of these conditions remain the property of Lincoln and you agree to provide all and any necessary information to allow Lincoln to recover its property.
Increase in subscription fee for renewals
Lincoln may increase the subscription fee by 30 days notice in writing before the commencement of a renewal subscription, by an amount which represents the proportionate increase (if any) in the Consumer Price Index for Australia between the date of the notice and the corresponding day in the previous year (or for Multi-year terms, the commencement day of the previous term), or if enhancements to the membership have been offered to you, by an amount considered by Lincoln to be reasonable.
Increase in subscription fee for additional subscriptions
Additionally Lincoln may increase the subscription fees prospectively for additional subscriptions if it is deemed necessary or where the product offer may change.
Cancellation policy – subscription products and services
If you are unsatisfied with your subscription at anytime, you can cancel and receive a refund in terms of our cancellation policy. If the cancellation is for a Lincoln product or service, please refer to our Financial Services Guide for our cancellation policy. If the cancellation is for the Lincoln training and events please refer to our Booking Conditions for our cancellation policy.
Copyright and disclaimer
The Site contains information supplied by Lincoln and third parties. Information on the Site is protected by copyright and is made available under licence. Any unauthorised reproduction of this information is prohibited.
The views and information presented are sourced from publicly available information and are believed to be reliable. Lincoln is committed to bringing Site members accurate and timely company information. However, Lincoln and its officers, employees and agents do not assume responsibility or accept liability whatsoever, whether arising from negligence, accident or otherwise, for any error contained in the information or for any recommendations listed in any of the publications. This disclaimer does not purport to exclude any warranties implied by law that may not be lawfully excluded.
Lincoln reserves the right to change information provided on the Site and these Terms and Conditions without notice. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes.
If you have any queries please email Lincoln at email@example.com
2010 Lincoln Indicators Pty Limited. All rights reserved.
ACN 006 715 573 AFSL 237740
Lincoln collects and stores customer's personal information so as to provide a range of investment, educational and other publication titles.
Such personal information may include your name, your contact details (such as delivery address, e-mail address and telephone number), your gender and your banking details (in cases where credit card information is supplied to facilitate a purchase).
The main purpose for which personal information is collected is to (a) provide you with products and services you have ordered, (b) provide you with information about other Lincoln products and services, and (c) provide you with a selection of carefully screened products and services made available through third party companies.
The disclosure of personal information is restricted to (a) other companies in the Lincoln group who may only use it as set out above, and (b) external organisations engaged by Lincoln to perform functions on its behalf such as mailing operations and marketing promotions.
Website cookies: We make use of "cookies" technology to improve the functionality of our website.
If you provide personal information via this website (eg. by completing an in-line form), cookies may be used to match your web browser to that personal information. This may be done for the following purposes:
- to monitor your usage of, and browsing behavior on, our website;
- to identify information or services that may be of interest to you (based on your usage of, and browsing behavior on, our website); and
- related marketing purposes.
Internet browsers typically permit settings to be adjusted to manage or block cookies. However, if you disable the cookies feature, you may not be able to access all of the functionality of our website.
Clients can access, correct and update their personal information by contacting Lincoln's Membership Service Team on 1300 676 333, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
The Privacy Officer
Lincoln Indicators Pty Ltd
Level 2, 379 Collins Street
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Dispute resolution process
Who can I complain to if I have a complaint about Lincoln's products and services?
If you have any complaints about a Lincoln product or service, please take the following steps:
- contact our Membership Services Team either by email at email@example.com or by phone on 1300 676 333. We will endeavour to resolve any client complaint or query as soon as possible.
- if you prefer, you can lodge your complaint in writing to: Membership Services Manager, Lincoln, Level 2, 379 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
- if you do not receive a satisfactory outcome, you have the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are GPO Box 3, Melbourne, Victoria, 3001 or phone 1300 780 808. Alternatively email the Financial Ombudsman Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (03) 9613 6399.
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) also has an Infoline number 1300 300 630 which you may use to make a complaint and obtain information about your rights.